Thursday, May 1, 2008

Life's Lessons:

I know and believe we're all here for a purpose. Sometimes we forget just what it is that is truly important in this life, and just about the time life starts to fly by something always comes through to stop you dead in your tracks and makes you sit up and take a look around and truly humble yourself as to what is the true meaning or reason we are here? Wondering as to how did I get to this point? Where in the world are my priorities? Am I really where I thought I would be at this time in my life? It seems as though, like some uplifting blogs I read the other day said, we are never complete and always feel a void of some kind we try to fill with worldly, or even spiritual things. However it is amazing when you look around even though I never saw my life turning out this way with every turn and every trial I see the Lords hand. I sometimes wonder if both of us going to school is the absolute best idea in the world, and the time we spend away from the boys is it really where we need to be? I have really been pondering and praying about school and if nursing is really the path for me. And with all the trails of the past year with losing my Mom, and Dewayne changing fields of study and schools. I felt overwhelmed as the stress of nursing school and strain of life wore me down. Through it all I remained strong and felt comforted with the thought that He never said it would be easy, He always said it would be worth it. I am amazed at how now matter how much you try to run in one direction and think through your faith and determination you can move mountains however if it is not your mountain to move you are sure to slam right into the side of it without accomplishing a smidge of what you had set your mind to. Where I'm going with this is my mountain has definitely been nursing school and with all of the determination and will to succeed it just isn't my mountain and i have surly slammed into the side of it. The funny thing about it all is, i have accomplished alot and know that I would make a wonderful nurse, and I will take the relationships made and the knowledge learned with me for the rest of my life knowing it was meant to visit the mountain but not mine to move. Life is strange we want so badly to know the answers of what and where to go next but through out the places where we might seem lost at the moment or wonder were its leading us in the end is some of the greatest and most memorable times of our lives. I know that Heavenly Father loves us and no matter what is going on in your life he knows each and everyone of us and wants us to succeed. You may not ever be what you had imagined yourself ending up like or with but the best things in life are never planned.

1 comments:

Andrea said...

Your blog is so true and I too have had my share of mountains that I have tried to move. It's funny how much easier life seems once we realize that. And the Lord is with us and does know what's best. Sometimes, I think we have to go down some roads just for the experience of the people we touch along the way. I know whatever you choose, it will be right.